Millwright Training Director Job Opportunity
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director's primary responsibilities
include direct supervision of instructors, administrative staff and apprentices, including
management of all training center activity associated with apprentice training, program
related advising, scheduling, curriculum evaluation, recruiting, and evaluation of instructors.
Collaborating with the Coordinator will participate in program development and implementation
for apprenticeships as well as journeyman upgrade programs.
- Conduct training needs analysis and establish programs to address those needs
- Assist the Executive Director to develop and monitor program budgets.
- Collaborate with Supervisor of Instruction to hire, supervise and evaluate staff.
- Lead and coordinate curriculum design, development, and evaluation.
- Participate in recruitment and screening of apprentice candidates.
- Manage process for creating, acquiring, and evaluating instructional materials.
- Instruct courses as necessary based on upon credentials.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders in planning and delivering training.
- Monitor program outcomes to ensure quality and effective instruction.
- Maintain program training records to comply with relevant regulations.
- Oversee facility maintenance operations.
- Coordinate training center administrative operations to ensure high quality operations.
- Periodically prepare statistical and financial reports and evaluations.
- Assist with grant acquisition efforts and community service projects.
- Maintain effective relations with Union leadership and Local Apprentice Committees.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of varied aspects career technical skills and adult education.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to unite and lead teams.
- Strong organizational skills working with groups to implement programs.
- Certified Journeyman - United Brotherhood of Carpenters
- Minimum 8000 hours field experience wtih 3000 hours in a supervisory role.
- Fast-paced work with frequent unscheduled interruptions.
- Office environment with phone and computer use part of the day.
- Classroom instruction combined with hands-on shop activity.
The knowledge, critical skills, and experience listed above are typical for this position.
However, any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be acceptable.
Please email a copy of your resume to Eric.Kastner@centralsouthtraining.org