Although June is designated as National Safety Month, the Gulf Coast Carpenters & Millwrights Training Trust Fund makes safety a priority every day of the year.
Union carpenters and millwrights are known for their attention to safety on a job site, and thatís because we invest in our members by giving them relevant, real-life safety training throughout their entire career.† A Central South carpenter and Southern States Millwright understands that safe work means:
- personal accountabilityĖespecially when no one is watching
- responsibility to others
- understanding the ownerís safety expectations of the project
- identifying and calling attention to unique hazardous or unsafe factors
- safe performance
- safe behavior in and around the hot work areas
- safe task completion
- maintaining current safety, human performance, first-aid, and OSHA qualifications
- effective communication with co-workers and supervisors during dangerous tasks
Our safe work product is our edge. It plays a big role in keeping our members employed and our employers in-demand.
Itís safety month - itís a great time to check your cards and make sure youíre good to go.